We do wonderful things with infectious waste – including powering hospitals and recycling waste to be used to line cement kilns.
Infectious waste, defined as waste that contains pathogens that pose a serious threat to humans (and other living organisms) with its ability to cause disease. Patients, health work, the public and waste managers all face a level of risk when dealing with infectious waste and understandably this waste stream has stringent legislation and compliance in place.
TRADEBE has extensive experience and expertise in managing infectious wastes throughout its lifecycle; from internal awareness and handling training, segregation, containment, collection, transportation and final treatment. We work with you to manage all levels of infectious wastes regardless of the levels of pathogenic virulence and quantity.
We operate both alternative treatment and high temperature incineration authority permitted facilities for the final treatment and disposal of infectious waste. Working with us will ensure that don’t experience problems with treatment capacity. Our network of healthcare treatment sites allow for contingency treatment ensuring continuity of your waste services regardless of demand.
Our customers are from a variety of healthcare industries, large and small:
- Hospitals, GPs and other Health Centres
- Dental Practices
- Educational Establishments
- Care and Nursing Homes
- Veterinary Clinics
- Blood Banks and Collection Services
- Laboratories & Research Facilities
- Morgue and Autopsy Centres
- Animal Research Laboratories
The types of infectious waste can include:
- Pathological – human and animal tissues
- Blood & Body Fluids – blood, serum and plasma contamination
- Cultures & Stocks – research & industrial laboratories
- Sharps - syringes, needles or other sharp instruments
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you efficiently and cost effectively manage your infectious waste in a safe and environmental compliant manner, please contact us.